Top Questions to Ask a Wedding DJ Before Hiring
Our answers are right underneath each question.
1. Do you offer a written contract?
2. How long will you hold our date for us?
30 days from the time the contract is issued.
3. How many weddings do you do each year?
We dj over 300 weddings a year.
4. How many other types of events do you do per year?
We dj most of the local area schools dances and many mitzvahs and private parties.
5. What makes you different from your competitors?
The quality of our equipment and the attention to details!
6. Have you played at our reception site before?
We have played at every venue in the Buffalo area.
7. Do you act as the “emcee” and make all of the announcements?
8. What if something happens to you and you can’t make it to the wedding?
We always have another dj on standby that is qualified and will do just as good of a job.
9. Will we meet again before the wedding?
Yes, we will meet 2 – 3 weeks before your wedding.
10. How involved can we be in selecting music for our event?
You tell us exactly what you want.
11. Do you take requests from our guests?
If you allow requests, we take them. We also make sure they fit into the party’s atmosphere.
12. Can we submit a “Do Not Play” list?
We require it. This allows us to get an idea of what you want.
13. When do you arrive to set up for our wedding?
60 – 90 minutes before your wedding
14. What will you wear to our wedding?
Tuxedo with our signature green tie
15. Are you insured?
We are 100% insured. We can even issue you or your venue a certificate.
16. What kind of equipment do you use?
We dj off of a Macbook Pro and top of the line audio equipment.
17. Do you bring backup equipment with you to the wedding?
18. Do you have a wireless microphone?
19. Do you set up a sign or banner with your equipment?
Of course not. Your wedding is not a billboard for our business. We want you to refer us. We do not need to put out a banner to solicit that like some businesses do.
20. Do you belong to any professional associations or trade groups?
Yes we sit and are active in many organizations around the country.